Broccoli Rice Cheesy Turkey Casserole (uses leftover rice, veggies, meat)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, carrots, mixed veggies, etc.
- 2 cups chopped turkey or chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Mix together rice, broccoli, meat, cheese and soup until combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Place in 9X13″ casserole dish and bake for 30 min at 350 degrees or until heated through.
Risotto Style Rice and Chicken (uses wilted root veggies, meat, and broth)Food Process until finely chopped:
- One medium onion
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 2 cloves garlic
Heat 1/3 cup EVOO in a saucepan and add veggie mix with a dash of salt. Cook until onions are translucent. Add:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chopped chicken thighs(uncooked)
- 1-2 tsp salt.
Saute until chicken is fully cooked. (NOTE: if using leftover cooked chicken or Turkey, just add it at this step. You don’t need to re-cook it. Move on to the next step). Add:
- 2 cups rice (I use brown)
- 4-5 cups chicken or turkey broth. Stir to mix and bring to a full boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 min for white rice, 20-25 min for brown. When rice is tender, add:
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
Stir. Mixture will be creamy and delicious. How’s THAT for a one pot meal!
Cranberry Swirl Muffins
- 8 T Butter or margarine (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 3/4 cups flour ( 1 cup whole wheat, 1 3/4 white)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce (not jelly)
Cream butter, applesauce and sugar. Beat in eggs and add vanilla, yogurt and milk. Mix dry ingredients separately and add to wet. Beat for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl. Add cranberry sauce and stir well. Pour into lined muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. Makes about 20 muffins. These will not go bad because your family will EAT THEM ALL.